Chủ đề: Family and Friends 2 - We've got English 212/22/2019 12:00:00 PM Tham gia
Số 348-350 Đường Bưởi, Vĩnh Phúc, Quận Ba Đình, Hà Nội
You can understand a lot about people by studying their body language. Learn the meanings behind these typical examples of body language in meetings, and use the information to your advantage!
6. VOICE - When you speak, do so with a confident voice that’s loud enough for everyone to hear. And try to say something in the meeting as soon as possible – the longer you leave it, the harder it is to speak up.
7. PALMS - To appear decisive when you’re speaking, keep your palms down. This is also a sign of authority and firmness. To appear more open and friendly, keep your palms turned up.
8. ATTENTION - Watch how other people are sitting to gauge their interest. People often show that they’re ready to leave by moving to the edge of their chair, or by leaning forward with their hands on their knees.
9. HANDS - Avoid fidgeting as it’s distracting; and try not to fiddle with anything. If you’re sitting down, try to keep your feet, hands and legs under control to appear calm and confident. Also, avoid drumming your fingers as it’s a sign of boredom, discomfort or nervousness. And try to resist the temptation to text, check e-mails or surf the internet. Instead, bring a pen and paper and take notes to show that you’re interested and following what’s going on.
10. MIRRORING (MIMICKING) - Use mirroring techniques to create a good atmosphere. Mirroring involves copying what other people are doing: the way they’re sitting, the way they’re standing, the position of their arms or hands, their gestures and the way they speak (the tone, speed, volume and pitch of their voice, as well as the type of language they use). Research has shown that subconsciously we think people who mirror us are more persuasive and honest than those who don’t. So, if the person you’re talking to is leaning forward, you should do the same; or if they’re speaking slowly and clearly, you should try to copy this. If you notice the other person is mirroring the way you sit, move or talk, it could mean that they trust and like you.
© 2018 Englishplus - Bản quyền của Công Ty Cổ Phần Công Nghệ & Đào Tạo Trực Tuyến HAMIA | ISpeak.VN